Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Update after two weeks of silence

These past few weeks, I had not been blogging personally rather I did a lot of reading blogs.

It had been pretty crazy. Among the things I did was to attend the advanced degree ceremony and "celebrated" with boyfriend and some friends. Originally, I was not planning on attending primarily because I am not really done, I have not even finished writing my dissertation. However, a lot of my friends are attending and so I changed my mind. I am happy that I did this for the pictures I got are awesome! Still, it does not feel real. I promise myself to have a real celebration once I have really defended.

I have been made some progress on my dissertation writing project. Specifically, I have organized all the derivations relevant to my work and prepared most of the figures that I need. With hundreds of figures I need to prepare, this part will easily take me a month to finish but I decided to be more aggressive by finishing this part in 10 days. And I really did it! yay! The goal for the rest of the week is to write-up the story which of course is not really straightforward. I hope I will be able to finish this subsection in a week. I anticipate the writing to be not easy because I have not written about this part before.

I also did play very hard in the past two weeks - "celebrate" graduation march, went to bar five times, attended bridal shower, went to baseball game, did overnight camping, attended christening party, attended farewell party, celebrated mother's day, and drove two hours (one-way) to attend a testimonial dinner by a distinguished guest . In addition, I also helped a friend with moving! Geez, as I am writing this, it seemed that I really did overcommit. I know how to have fun. I feel pretty tired but happy.

On the other hand, I resolve to be physically active again. Starting tomorrow, I want to start walking to school instead of driving; this will be my form of exercise. For now, I want to incorporate the exercise into my daily routine without hitting the gym.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on all your accomplishments over the past few weeks!

michelle said...

Thanks Rebecca :)