Monday, April 30, 2007

Happy Monday

I am very pleased today because I feel I had accomplished something.

For this week, I am striving hard to focus on my dissertation writing and stay away from unnecessary internet use. I feel I was really able to do that, yehey!!! It feels so great after being such a slacker and procrastinator in most days. If I will be able to continue doing this during the day while I am at the office for the next 60 days, I will be able to finish writing and will be able to defend in summer. I already have a postdoc position, I will start in September, so I can not delay. I am the kind of person who wants (needs?) external pressure, having a postdoc position waiting is really motivation enough (I am really lucky in a lot of things).

As for the writing, I just continue typing my points. The transitioning and everything will be taken cared of in the editing process. I throw perfectionism out of the window or else I will not be able to proceed to next chapter. Writing is writing, editing is editing. For now, I am writing.

After having a pretty productive day, in very rare ocassions, I accompanied the BF for shopping. His shopping style is really just under 30 minutes but I still feel elated for this opportunity because he only shops like 3 times a year. After this, an awesome dinner out. What a day! What more can I ask?

Goal for tomorrow: focus on the tasks and hopefully can sustain 6 hours of work.

No comments: