Thursday, November 1, 2007

I'm BACK!

I am back and hopefully with more vigor.

The last time I posted in this blog was right after my defense and that was a little over two months ago. What have I been doing since then? Well, a week after my defense, I moved to Postdoc City and started my postdoc position right away. It had been crazy finishing up, packing, unpacking, adjusting to the new city, and adjusting to the new research advisor and group. Last week, my doctoral institution had just conferred my degree. It is now official, hooray! I feel it wierd that it just felt gold (but not really in an ecstatic way). I was thinking that maybe after all the hard work that I have put in, then the satisfaction should be greater or something :D

In my next posts I would like to tackle the challenges of being a postdoc. I am big on balancing different aspects of life so maybe I will also write about the different areas of my life.

Right now, I would just like to say that it felt good to post again.