Saturday, June 16, 2007

Saturday Reflection

I respect that everyone has different spiritual/religious views and I totally understand this. Personally, I feel most peaceful when I pray or reflect, like I view things in a much better perspective.

"All you need say is 'Yes' if you mean yes, 'No' if you mean no." Only constant honesty with ourselves can make us really sincere

Lord, may I never take the giftof freedom for granted. You gave me the great blessing of freedom of spirit. Fill my spirit with Your peace and Your joy.

How do I find myself today? Where am I with God? With others? Do I have something to be grateful for? Then I give thanks.
I feel very good when I wake up today; I am really looking forward what this day will bring. I am a very reflective person and I want to clarify my thoughts.

I feel very blessed being with my boyfriend, he is really the most amazing person I have met. He is very loving and considerate. I am very grateful for this.

I am also very thankful that I have assistanship this summer and that I can just write my dissertation full time. I would also like to thank for the the support of my family and well-meaning friends.


Is there something I am sorry for? Then I ask forgiveness.
I know that I am hurting my boyfriend unintentionally sometimes and I am really sorry for this. I want to be able to express some not so positive feelings (sadness, etc) in more appropriate way.

I am sorry that I am not able to call my family and contact my well-meaning friends enough.

I am very sorry that it is very hard for me to forgive people who are liars and disrespectful. The thing is I am the aggrieved party; things are just not gonna be the same anymore. I know that I should be taking care of myself by getting out of unhealthy relationships. What does forgiving means? that you forget? I know that deep inside I am mad at these people. Lord, help me be a more forgiving person. Help me learn how to let go of these negative feelings.

------------------

Lord, as I watch, I pray for parents who are trying to temper protectiveness with trust, and for adolescents who are impatient to grow.

I feel comfort when I pray.


No comments: